Estimator / Project Manager
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Start date: ASAP
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and a leader in the electrical construction industry, we have an opening for an Estimator/Project Manager in Saskatoon.
Alliance Energy is looking for an enthusiastic, hard working Electrical Engineer or Technologist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills, be analytical, organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefit package.
This position will include preparing and/or coordinating preparation of full electrical estimates from take off, gathering supplier and sub contractor pricing. It involves the ability to read plans, interpret drawings and identify risks or advantages of a project. Communication, computer skills and the ability to work with competing deadlines with multiple responsibilities are essential.
- Prepare electrical estimates by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents.
- Review labour, material and time requirements.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Identify risks and advantages of each project for discussion during the tendering process.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners and contractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Follow practices and procedures in place to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate and establish relationships with team members and trade partners.
Qualifications and skills
- BSc/Ba in engineering or relevant discipline. Journeyperson Electrician would also be considered dependant on experience.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications to develop cost estimates.
- Knowledge of local, regional and federal regulations, acts, legislation, codes and standards.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project.
- Familiar with construction terminology.
Alliance Energy Ltd. wishes to thank all prospective applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.